Tower Genius often receives calls and emails from landowners who want a cell tower lease agreement with cell phone companies. They often inquire about how to get a cell tower on their property and we respond with the same answer always – you can’t easily convince a carrier to install their tower on your land unless it somehow benefits their pre-existing network plans.
If your property fits into their future plans, they would automatically contact you and pursue you to let them put a tower on your land. If you’re a landowner who wants a cell tower on their land, you have come to the right page. Here we explain how you can make your property more ‘appealing’ to cell tower companies in 4 simple steps.
See If There Is A Need Of Cell Tower In Your Location
- The first thing you need to do is find out if your location is a place where the cell tower is needed. For this, you will have to check with individual wireless service provider coverage maps to determine if the location is indeed the right place for a new cell tower.
You can do this by visiting the websites of all the carriers operating in the U.S and viewing their coverage map. If you see that your location is not covered well, your land might be worthwhile to a cell company.
Put A Sign On Your Land To Let Companies Know You Are Leasing For a Tower
- After going through the first step, you should put up a sign on your land letting cell tower companies know that you are interested in leasing your property for a cell tower. Make sure the sign is clear and high so it is visible to the real estate site acquisition agents who are looking for a cell tower location in the area.
You don’t have to spend a fortune on the sign, it just needs to be easy to read and must include your contact info clearly. The easier it is to read, the more the chances that a “site acq.” agent might get in touch with you. However, don’t have the expectation that this will generate instant results. It may take months or even years before you are contacted by a cell tower company or carrier representative for a lease agreement, and it is also possible that you will never be contacted.
Submit Your Property To Cell Carriers
By following these steps, you can increase your chances of being for cell tower or cell site development. Visit the carrier and tower company websites and find the sections where you can submit your property for consideration to their databases. Don’t forget to add the following info:
- Physical address of property
- Building height or number of stories if this is rooftop site
- Size of parcel
- GPS Coordinates of your site. See our video “GPS Coordinates Made Easy” on how to determine Latitude and Longitude for this purpose. https://youtu.be/hq8giD2ibv0
- Add the zoning classification of your property. You can obtain zoning info by visiting your local municipal or county tax assessor’s website and pulling up your parcel number and obtaining the zoning classification.
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- Your mailing address
- Miscellaneous information and notes such as access, elevation, fiberoptic connection access should be mentioned.
Submit your information to the tower companies and carriers as frequently as possible, at least once a year. With 5G coming soon, they will need many new locations.
Don’t Pay To Submit Your Cell Tower Location
- Several of Tower Genius’ “competitors” – and we use that term very liberally, poke fun at Tower Genius and have now published blogs telling property owners not to pay for this type of cell tower site submission or marketing service. While it is true that you could potentially find all of this information on your own, it may take you several hours. But even if you are successful at doing the research, chances are you will have difficulty submitting your property information. In fact, over the past decade, Tower Genius has received over ten thousand (that’s right, 10,000!!!) requests from property owners who were trying to get a cell tower built on their land. Even when we gave all of this information away FOR FREE in the past, ten thousand people still called us for help.Since time is money, this is why we now provide this service for a very small fee.
Submitting Your Property For A Cell Tower Doesn’t Work
- Several of our not-so-genius cell tower advisor expert competitors claim that submitting your property location to get a cell tower is a waste of time and it doesn’t work. We beg to differ. We have already seen firsthand results and successful site submissions. Also ask yourself why carriers and tower management companies would maintain databases if they did not search or reference them when if they have a new area that needs to be covered?
What Happens If You Receive A Call?
If you get a call from a cell tower leasing agent, we hope that you give us the opportunity to assist you. Tower Genius can actually help you determine the fair market rental value of a new cell tower on your property and the twenty-five other things you need to pay attention to when leasing a cell tower. We know the ins and outs of cell site lease agreements.
Tower Genius is one of the USA’s premier wireless cell tower leasing consultants. We have over 48 years of wireless cell tower leasing experience and thousands of successful lease agreements signed under our portfolio. We can help you get the best deal no matter where you are located.